Originally posted by Teresa Ogden
Lincoln Elementary is currently ramping up our H2O for Life project with many fun activities and events planned. Here are some details of how our “Water Weeks” are structured this year.
- Classroom discussions/activities relating to water and the global water crisis.
- Each classroom was given a “H2O for Life Donation Bank”. The class that fills their bank with the most money from voluntary donations between May 11th and May 22nd will squirt at/soak Student Council members as a reward.
- “Try It Tuesday” is scheduled for May 12th – During recess students will have a chance to try transporting water in the way that people in underdeveloped countries around the word make their daily three-hour journey to gather water!
- Braille Bookmarks – Any student making a donation of $2 or more on Wednesday, May 13th, Thursday, May 14th, or Friday, May 15th can order a bookmark with his/her first name in braille. These will hand crafted by student council members and delivered to each classroom once all orders are filled.
- Donation Daily Drawings – For each dollar donated on Monday, May 18th, Tuesday, May 19th, Thursday, May 21st, and/or Friday, May 22nd donors will receive a ticket that will be entered in Daily Drawings for water related prizes donated by H2O for Life and CVS Pharmacy.
- “Wear Whatever for Water Wednesday” is scheduled for May 20th. Students who donate any amount of money can wear a crazy outfits and/or hair, pajamas, or hats.
Here are some photos from “Try It Tuesday”!