Kickstart Your Project with a PPG Mini-Grant
Would you like to start an H2O for Life project, but need some funding to get your fundraiser off the ground?
H2O for Life will provide PPG mini-grants that will assist teachers and students on their journey to participate in our life-changing service-learning program. Provision of these PPG grants will allow teachers and students the capability to participate in a service-learning program through the provision of funds for the acquisition of supplies that will lead to success.
These PPG mini-grants will require participating schools to create a budget and a business plan that will be implemented during the school year. Teachers will work with the students to set a fundraising goal that at minimum is equal to the amount of the grant or more.
PPG mini-grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to assist teachers and students with the funds needed to support their service-learning program.
To be considered for a service-learning PPG mini-grant of up to $500 please complete the form below. There is a rolling deadline and a limited amount of these grants. If you are a student applying for the PPG mini-grant, you will need a teacher sponsor to receive the check.
Our program will:
- Engage youth through our online H2O for Life platform.
- Fund youth with PPG mini-grants to assist them with the creation of a robust service-learning action project. ($250-$500)
- Highlight youth through recognition in our newsletter, posting of youth blogs and photos on our website.
Young people will help solve the global water crisis through:
- Raising local awareness about the important need to conserve and protect our local water resources, while providing funds for implementation of water, sanitation, and hygiene education for a partner school.
- Engagement in service-learning that will empower youth voice and develop skills of advocacy, leadership, critical thinking, and empathy.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills through our PPG mini-grant program.
- Philanthropy- Youth are powerful when they give, raise funds and donate to an important cause. Service-learning helps develop civic engagement and philanthropy for the future.
For the past 12 years, H2O for Life has worked to create a program for teachers to educate youth about the global water crisis and take action to provide water, sanitation, and hygiene education (WASH) for global partner schools. We continue to work to create a generation of engaged and educated youth committed to a lifetime of meaningful service and leadership. With half the world’s population under the age of 25, our mission is to help all young people find their voice, take action and make an impact on schools around the world. We are tackling the global water crisis and youth are part of the solution.
Research shows that most young people volunteer for the first time because of a direct ask. H2O for Life defines a clear call to action for youth to plan a project and provide a measurable difference around a topic that they care about.
We believe that youth are leaders of change. All students should have the opportunity to participate in a program that develops skills important for future careers and an opportunity to develop a path to a lifetime of service.