Ten Fundraising Ideas
1. H2O For Life Walk for Water: Number one fundraising idea! A Walk for Water connects the walking that students around the world do daily for drinking water, raises awareness in our communities and raises funds through donations! Learn more about organizing your own Walk for Water here.
2. Sell H2O for Life t-shirts: Find out how to order t-shirts here.
3. Sell H2O for Life water bottles: Find out how to order water bottles here.
4. Bucket Drive: Collect change (for example, Penny Monday, Nickel Tuesday, Dime Wednesday etc.).
5. Penny Wars: Instructions of how to run a penny war can be found here.
6. Give it up to give it away: Make water your only beverage for 2 weeks. Save the money you would usually spend on beverages. After 2 weeks, donate the money you saved to H2O for Life & give someone clean water for a lifetime.
7. Sponsor a school Hat Day: This is not only fun and easy, but it is a quick way to raise money!
8. Collect a Mile of Pennies: It takes 84,480 pennies laid end-to-end to stretch the length of a mile. That’s $844.80!
9. Create a Water Droplet Wall: Students make paper water drops, sell for them for $1.00 each, and then display them on a school wall.
10. Bingo for bucks! Sponsor bingo games during lunch and charge a fee for each game. Give small, donated prizes.
Remember to keep activities that involve sales or donations affordable for students, families, and businesses in your community. One example of an affordable activity is a “Spare Change Drive.” Have students set up a table in the cafeteria over the course of three days. Students ask for a donation of a single nickel on Monday, a dime on Tuesday, and a quarter on Wednesday. The donor’s name is entered into a raffle for a prize. This event alone raised more than $1,600 at Highview Middle School in Minnesota.
During the year, inform all students at your school about fundraising progress and involve them in classroom activities designed around water issues and the project.