The program is committed towards the well being of the rural community, particularly marginalized, children, women & elderly. The philosophy, in which focuses on holistic development of villages through water, education and health amenities. Keeping this vision of organization in view, the objectives of the project are:
- Create awareness of health & sanitation practices among the community, especially children
- To enhance water availability in the school through physical interventions
- Improve the health status of the children
- To improve the school ambience leading to better education
- Construction of Taanka: Water is the most precious and rare commodity in the desert and its absence is a major cause of poverty, illiteracy and water related disease. Construction of a Rain Water Harvesting Structure-Taanka will be done in the school to harvest pure and drinkable rain water for the children. Taanka is an underground cylindrical water tank with 20,000 liters of storage capacity which is connected to the roof top through a pipe or has a water catchment bed with a silt trapper to harvest clean and potable rain water.
- Construction of School Toilets: In rural areas, sanitation is also a major problem. The project will focus on setting up toilets at the school and on educating the community including children on the importance of using toilets and proper sanitation. We propose to construct separate toilets for boys and girls in school. The usage of water in the toilets will be managed by the Taanka to be constructed in the school.
- Awareness Camps/Trainings: Regular awareness sessions will be carried out to impart education on health, water borne diseases, personal hygiene and sanitation measures. Parents and teachers will be highly involved in making the sessions applicable and effective. Such trainings will enhance the children’s ability to work, think and reason to bring integral development. Adolescence is a formative period, and deprivation can have lasting effects on physical and mental development. These trainings will address problems of adolescents and will train them about physical, mental health, and sanitation practices.
- Medical Camps: Medical outreach camps will be organized at school to diagnose & give immediate relief to school children against common seasonal diseases in remote villages where other health services do not exist. Examination and treatment of patients and referral will be part of camps.