2017 Poster Contest
Clean Drinking Water Starts with Me! Poster Contest*
* Open to Minnesota schools ONLY
Contest begins February 1, 2017
Contest ends March 3, 2017
Students, we need your help! Learn about the issue, make a poster, and enter to win a prize as well as community recognition of your talent/message. H2O for Life, the Minnesota Department of Health, Xcel Energy, Elkay, Kinetico Water Systems, Governor Dayton’s Office and the Minnesota Section of the American Water Works Association are sponsoring a poster contest for Minnesota K-12 youth, encouraging people to use water wisely. All entries must be postmarked or delivered to H2O for Life by March 3, 2017.
The purpose of this poster contest is to provide you an opportunity to learn about actions our communities can take to keep our water resources clean and healthy. Utilize your creative talent to illustrate the importance of our water resources and how we can be good stewards of our water. Posters could emphasize water resource protection, the importance of clean drinking water to our lives and our communities here in Minnesota, and conservation efforts to keep our reservoirs and ground water clean and safe.
Grand Prize Winner will receive an Elkay Water Bottle Filling Station for their school (valued at over $1,500) and a $50 prize. Installation of water bottle filling station is the responsibility of the winner/school.
Category Winners will receive a $50 prize. Categories are as follows: Elementary (grades K-5), Middle School (grades 6-8), High School (grades 9-12). Second and third place entries will also win a non-monetary prize.
All participating teachers will be entered into a drawing to win a Kinetico K5 Drinking Water Station for their school’s teacher’s lounge (valued at $2,500).
Winning posters will be displayed in the capitol building in St. Paul, date to be announced!
Learn About the Issue
- All K-12 age students in MN may participate, but water bottle stations will be installed in the local school or community gathering space.
- Posters must be created on a single sheet no larger than 9″ x 12″ construction paper and must include the tag line “Clean Drinking Water Starts with Me” to be eligible for the contest.
- Students may use a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, charcoal, crayon, pencil, markers, paint, graphics and computer generated materials.
- Posters must be original designs by participant- please do not use copyrighted materials.
- Each poster must be the original work of a single participant.
- Student’s name, grade, and school name, school address, school phone number must be included on the back of the poster.
- Entries become the property of the contest sponsors and may be used for display and promotion.
- All entries must be delivered or mailed to the H2O for Life office by March 3, 2017; electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Mail entries to:
H2O for Life
1310 E. Hwy 96 Suite 235
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
If you have questions or for further information, please contact: Judy Onufer email@example.com