We’re looking for a Digital Outreach/Marketing intern!
H20 for Life
Digital Outreach and Marketing Internship
Description: H20 for Life is a nonprofit organization based in White Bear Lake, MN that educates, engages and inspires youth to learn, take action and become global citizens. We provide students with a unique and valuable learning experience through service-learning opportunities focused on the global water crisis. Our unique approach teaches H2O for Life students how they can make a tangible difference in their local community and implement sustainable social change in schools around the world. To learn more, visit: www.h2oforlifeschools.org
Open date: ongoing
Minimum of three months; Start and end dates can be flexible. Flexible scheduling during business hours.
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
Position Description: We are currently looking for an intern who is ready to put his or her marketing and communications skills to use in a nonprofit setting. As our Digital Outreach and Marketing Intern, you will have opportunities to think outside of the box and get hands-on experience!
As part of your internship, you will assist with our marketing and communications needs by:
- Optimizing and creating content as part of an initiative to build our presence on social media.
- Developing advocacy videos and blogs about the need for access to clean water.
- Building infographics for social media and emails.
- Assisting with the assessment of our outreach efforts via Google Ads, Analytics and other platforms.
- Updating email marketing and client management database.
- Researching and collecting ideas for future print and online marketing.
- Identifying bloggers and content creators with whom we may be able to partner.
- Updating and creating new print materials as needed.
- Preparing materials for upcoming information meetings and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned. We are open to new ideas, so would love to chat and brainstorm about new campaigns that you might think up during your time with us!
This position is approximately 10-15 hours per week; we can discuss additional hours if you want.
This position will report into the Director of Communications.
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about educating US youth about the global water crisis. Current enrollment in marketing, communications, design, videography/photography, or English programs is preferred. If not attending school, you should demonstrate an interest in marketing and communications.
Candidates do not necessarily need to have experience with the following programs, but must have an interest in learning how to use them to meet marketing needs: website content management platforms (WordPress experience preferred), basic HTML, email marketing, photo and video editing software, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
How to Apply: Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio to Nick Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. If not explicit in your resume, in your email please include information about your familiarity with programs listed under the qualifications section of this job description.