Development & Marketing Assistant
Development & Marketing Assistant
H2O for Life
Minneapolis and/or White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Reports to: Director of Development & Marketing
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Hybrid in-person/remote work scenario. Workspace provided at co-working space in Northeast Minneapolis and/or H2O for Life office in White Bear Lake, MN.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package includes: health care, retirement, technology stipend, and generous PTO.
H2O for Life provides resources to educate youth about the global water crisis. Students take action to raise awareness and funds to support water, sanitation, and hygiene education (WASH) projects for partner schools around the world.
Our innovative school-to-school approach helps young people develop a concern for others by taking a major global crisis and scaling it down to a manageable size; one water project in the developing world.
H2O for Life activates youth to help solve the world’s water crisis.
Is that every school in the world has access to clean water and sanitation.
Education, Partnership, Integrity, and Service
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
H2O for Life is committed to working towards a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world. We are in the early stages of this work and have begun this process by including anti-bias and DEI training in our three-year strategic plan and in our annual budget. We also have a DEI committee that is working towards addressing inequities in our organization and work.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Development Support and Database Hygiene:
- Provide exceptional service and support to donors and staff by promptly responding to requests via phone, mail, or email; following up with donors to update credit card information.
- Record all gifts and pledges in the donor database through uploads and manual entry, coding gifts to the appropriate categories.
- Ensure gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Design and run reports, including reports to support the development team with fundraising and stewardship, to support the finance team in gifts reconciliation, and to support leadership in planning and decision making.
- Interpret report requests to determine the best way to compile and share the requested data.
- Ensure good data hygiene by examining, cleaning, and optimizing data records and processes on a regular basis.
- Maintain overall donor database integrity and accuracy.
- Assist with team prospect research and data management, as requested.
- Support the Executive Director and the Director of Development & Marketing in the implementation of an annual mission-driven development plan, including individual donor engagement and solicitation and developing and maintaining foundation funding relationships.
- Support the Director of Development & Marketing in researching and establishing new funding sources from a broader national platform.
- Support the Director of Development & Marketing in efforts to attract new individual donors.
- Manage all individual fundraising communications and donation processing.
- Track all foundation grant deadlines and manage acknowledgements of funding.
Marketing and Communications Support:
- Help implement H2O for Life annual marketing plan.
- Post daily social media content and manage follower interactions / engagement.
- Manage and update website content as needed.
- Proof and edit all communications to make sure they adhere to H2O for Life style guide.
- Increase exposure to local, national, and global platforms.
- Participate in community events and activities on behalf of the organization.
- Pitch stories to publications around the country highlighting participating schools.
- Create and execute digital marketing campaigns (creating lead magnets, Google Ads and other social media ads, analyzing Google Analytics, and optimizing mass email strategy)
Outreach and Program Support:
- Create and implement a social media plan to expand our presence online and boost school participation.
- Assist with growing and retaining our school relationships.
- Assist with managing H2O for Life’s CRM.
- May be required to travel to and attend professional development and educational conferences.
- Occasional early mornings, evenings and weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to support the mission of the organization.
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- 2-3 years of work experience in development or marketing as a specialist, coordinator or similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with donor database software
- Experience with social media management tools, like Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience with graphic design and video editing
- Familiarity with online content management systems and SEO
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as team player
- Detail and results oriented with ability to be creative
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and equity; and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
Experience / Qualifications Strongly Preferred:
- Demonstrated experience in a nonprofit or other mission-driven organizational setting that leverages relationships across public and private sectors with community stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in the educational and/or international humanitarian aid nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate programs and events.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workspace, CRM platforms, and mass email service providers.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Development & Marketing Assistant” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. The cover letter should describe your interest in the position and include an explanation of your connection to our mission, and how your experience relates to the qualifications and responsibilities outlined in the job description.
H2O for Life is committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, familial status, ability, veteran status, membership or non-membership in a labor organization, sexual orientation, size, status with regard to public assistance, or genetic information. We are committed to the principle of equity and are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of individuals. H2O for Life is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.